This blog has moved to:
http://sabarish.net/blog


Movie update!

Over the last three to four weeks I managed to catch up on quite a few movies. Some good, some watchable and one absolutely pathetic.

As I was writing down this list, and I hope I've included all the movies I saw, I realised this is probably the first time I have seen so many movies in the theatre in such a short span of time(10 movies, to be exact, in 3 weeks time - well it's a record for me!). Looks like the "multiplex bug" has caught hold of me.

Sunil, Ranganath and Sharath have also been infected by the movie bug and joined me for some of the 10 movies at the theatres. They stayed back at my place one night after an impulsive plan around 8:30 PM to go out and watch Deewane Huey Paagal (10 PM night show at Innovative Multiplex). They reached my place at 9:15 PM and we rushed to some hotel near the theatre by 9:30 PM, our order came by 9:50 PM and we literally ran from the hotel to the theatre at 9:58 PM and just about reached it when the movie was starting!

We returned home to my place at around 1:30 AM and we then watched
Naked Gun on DVD after watching episodes of Coupling. Yes, the theme for the evening was comedy and we laughed our guts out the whole time! We forced ourselves to sleep by some 4:30 or 5:00 AM, only to wake up by 8:00 AM as they had to go back home, but not before we took a photo!

Sharath, Ranganath, Sunil and myself: After staying up the whole night watching movies!
Sunil is holding the torch like a mic similar to the character played by Vijay Raaz in DHP!
Actually Ranga should have been holding the mic!!


Anyway the movie list for the past three weeks is as follows -

English:
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Went first day, night show! Quite a good movie. The director has done enough justice to the book in the time available, but could have done more, as Deepak writes.
  • Schindler's List - Need I say anything about this masterpiece? Very moving movie.
  • Heat - Features two great stars - Robert De Niro and Al Pacino - and it had a good pace and story to it. You almost feel sorry for the villain towards the end! But isn't that always the case, when there is a brilliant villain in a movie?
  • Van Wilder - Time pass teen comedy. Taj Mahal Badalandabad, played by Kal Penn was hilarious!

Hindi:

Tamil:

  • Sivakasi - Starring Vijay! A favourite! Good action movie. The second half of the movie was much better than the first half.
  • Manmadhan - Good movie.

Malayalam:

  • Nandanam - Nice movie.
  • Anandabhadram - Good Science fiction and fantasy movie. The movie is an adaptaion of a famous book with the same name. I haven't read the book, but a friend who has, told me that the book is better, which is usually the case, except for probably LOTR!

Apart from the movies, life is rather boring. Not much to do at office, so I managed to read quite a few books! Will write about that in a separate blog post.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 12/09/2005 04:33:00 AM, Blogger Sharath MS said...

ROTFL!

 
At 12/09/2005 09:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like vijay too..Especially in Kushi.You watched the movie Kushi.
...................................


You live in karnataka . You dont watch any kannada movies?

..................................

 
» Post a Comment