This blog has moved to:
http://sabarish.net/blog


Miscellaneous Ramblings

Vortal – Should have blogged about this earlier itself, somehow slipped my mind. Vortal is Ashok Banker’s online fantasy serial. Ashok is blogging his entire new novel on his website and posts the chapters as he writes them. The chapters go up thrice a week. It’s an interesting read about alternate worlds and revolves around the ‘Vatsals’, a family living in Mumbai. Well, I am not going to give too much away here – so better visit Ashok’s site and read the novel as he writes it! The latest chapters go up here, but you can read from the first chapter at the Vortal archives.

Advertisements – There are quite a few good Indian ads on TV nowadays and a couple that are on now that I really like are the Coco-Cola “Piyo sar utha ke” ad and the Titan Raga ad, both incidentally, featuring Aamir Khan (another favourite).

Sri Lanka - My elusive trip to Sri Lanka continues to remain so! For probably the 3rd or 4th time in as many months, my plans to go there have been cancelled!

Noida – I may be going to Noida for about 4-6 months, on a project assignment, along with 4 more from the TIP 2005 batch at Perot Systems. Now, I’m really excited about this, because I have never been to North India (check out the image below to see which states I have been to) and have never lived away from home (maybe alone for months - but still at home). If we get confirmed, for this project assignment, we may leave on the 10th or 11th of November! Will post more on this as and when I get more information.


States visited in India
Which states in India have you been to?

I hope to visit more states in the North, in the coming months, once I go to Noida!

Also most importantly:

"Happy Diwali!!"



and for everyone in Karnataka:


"Kannada Rajyothsavada Shubashayagalu"
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 11/02/2005 11:36:00 AM, Blogger Sharath MS said...

Ads - Cant beat the mentos "class room funda" ad.

 
At 11/02/2005 07:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sabarish,
This is A.W.
I am calling on your blog for international advice.
If you had to choose between two films (if you have seen them)
would you pick,'Majaa' by Shafi or 'Sivakasi' with Vijay.
There is a special showing of Indian films at our big theater this weekend in Austin, Texas. There will be full dinner and tea as well.
The tickets are expensive and I have to decide which film to pick.
Thanks, A.W
oh, and Happy Diwali and its totally cool that you will get to travel around, hope you continue the blog.

 
At 11/03/2005 02:28:00 AM, Blogger Sabarish said...

Hi A.W??,

Unfortunately I haven't seen either movie. Both have good actors in them, so its a tough call.

I might just choose Shivakashi, since it has Vijay and Prakash Raj and ofcourse Asin and Mallika Sherawat!

 
At 11/03/2005 06:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay! We will go with your expertise.
Thanks!!
-AW

 
At 11/07/2005 01:43:00 AM, Blogger Sabarish said...

Hi A.W,

I saw Shivakashi and it was quite ok. The part after the interval was good and interesting.

But some moments were rather drab. On the whole a watchable movie.

 
» Post a Comment