This blog has moved to:
http://sabarish.net/blog


Broadband-less and party-full

The year so far hasn't been good as far as Internet access is concerned. My broadband connection at home conked out for some reason about 2 weeks back and so I couldn't do much surfing/blogging/"flickr"ing/chatting/etc...these past few days, as a result of which I have a whole lot of photos to upload and also a whole lot of experiences to share and blog about, not to mention emails to catch up and reply to. I used to manage by checking my mail using my old modem and a dial-up connection. Good Lord! I had forgotten how pathetic the Internet connections were before the arrival of broadband and this temporary dependence on dial-up brought back some old, slow memories!

The week leading upto New Year's eve was one long party! I went out every single day and night and met a whole lot of friends and did a whole lot of fun stuff! That week, I went bowling four times (once at 10 in the morning straight out of bed); another day we went to Fun World (of all the places!) and freaked out on the amusement rides after a long time; I also went for two movies (Apaharan at PVR in Forum mall and Chicken little at INOX in Garuda mall - incidentally it was my first visit to either multiplex); I had dinner with friends at restaurants pretty much all the evenings and a couple of days I even had lunch outside; I also partied at a friend's (Aditya) place, his parents had invited some of us over for a barbecue dinner (yes there were vegetarian dishes also!) followed by a night long party that went on till 6 AM the next day!

That pretty much was a summary of that incredible week, and how did it all culminate on New Year's eve? Well, I spent it quietly at home with my parents and cousins!

Back to the Internet issue. The telephone guys came today and repaired the connection and now I am back online. It feels great to be connected to the Internet again. It felt kinda weird to be offline (or irregularly online) for such an extended period of time! Anyway, now that I am properly connected again, expect to see a flurry of activity in my blog with a whole lot of posts coming up shortly.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 1/06/2006 07:29:00 PM, Blogger Sunil Jagadish said...

Welcome back Mr. Anderson. We missed you. :)

 
» Post a Comment